FSSAI FOOD LICENSE IN TAMBARAM
Purpose Of Having PAN Card
The purpose of having a pan card is strengthened from the fact that from 1 January 2005 it has been made mandatory to quote Permanent Account Number (PAN) on challans for any payments due to Income Tax Department (ITD), while filing returns of income and all correspondence with any income tax authority. Thus Purpose of having Pan Card has become mandatory.
Benefits Of PAN Card
One of the benefits of pan card is eligibility of an individual or entity to enter into transactions of sale or purchase of assets as mentioned below:
- PAN is required to be quoted in the deed made during sale or purchase of any immovable property valued at five laksh rupees or more.
- Copy of PAN is required during Sale or purchase of a motor vehicles having more than two wheels excluding detachable side-car attached to the two wheeler.
- PAN is required for opening a bank account in both private and nationalized banks.
- Banks, private or nationalized, emphasize on importance of PAN to entertain Time Deposit exceeding fifty thousand rupees.
- PAN is also required while making payment in cash for purchase of bank drafts or pay orders or banker’s cheques for an amount aggregating to fifty thousand rupees or more during any one day.
- Deposit in cash aggregating to fifty thousand rupees or more with a bank during any one day requires PAN.
- Deposit, exceeding fifty thousand rupees, in any account with Post Office Savings Bank.
- Contract of a value exceeding one laksh rupees for sale or purchase of securities.
- Making an application for installation of a telephone connection (including a cellular telephone connection) requires a PAN.
- PAN is required when payment to hotels and restaurants against their bills for an amount exceeding twenty-five thousand rupees at any one time is made.
- Payment in cash in connection with travel to any foreign country of an amount exceeding twenty-five thousand rupees at any one time also requires PAN.
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Mandatory for Filing Taxes
- Registration of Business
- Financial transactions
- Eligibility to open and operate Bank Accounts
- Phone Connection
- Gas Connection
- Mutual Fund — PAN is beneficial to complete e-KYC for mutual fund investments.
The union budget 2019 has proposed for taxpayers to use Aadhaar instead of PAN for filing income tax returns on or after 1 September 2019. It has been proposed in the union budget 2019 that the Income-tax officer can themselves allot PAN to taxpayer filing return with Aadhaar.